Position Title: Administrative Associate
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate provides administrative support for the daily activities and projects within the offices of Pangaea Global AIDS. Exercises considerable judgement in the handling of sensitive and confidential matters and in establishing and adapting work procedures to new situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as “first face of the office;” answers front door, greets guests and ensures a welcoming environment.
- Answers and screens all incoming calls to general office phone number and forwards them to respective recipient; alerts recipient of sensitive or high priority calls.
- Manages a highly active schedule/calendar for the CEO.
- Maintains accounting and archived files.
- Utilizes Salesforce to create, update, and maintain organization contact list.
- Performs general administrative duties such as photocopying, file creation, scanning, faxing, report assembly, and preparation and distribution of meeting agendas.
- Manages office supplies, equipment, and special order supplies.
- Ensures common areas are clean and stocked; sets up conference room for meetings.
- Coordinates office request with building management maintenance staff and support crews.
- Serves as liaison to the Operations Manager for IT needs and issues.
- Ensures office equipment is operable and trouble shoots when needed.
- Distributes mail and prepares and sends out packages and mail.
- Supports staff with various ad hoc projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, internet research tools and electronic file and document management.
- Knowledge of written communication formats, business English, and composition.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees and Pangaea contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility by meeting commitments on time, accepts accountability, handles changes, and sets personal standards and boundaries.
- Flexibility, judgment and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Excel and Word. Proficiency in Quick Books highly desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations, with sensitivity to issues concerning HIV and all disabilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in related area and/or equivalent experience.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so classified.
Submit résumé and a cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and why you are interested in working at Pangaea to:
Fax: (510) 839-0460 Attn: Liz Hernandez – Administrative Associate
Attn: Liz Hernandez
Pangaea Global AIDS
436 14th Street, Suite 920
Oakland, CA 94612
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Due to the potential volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please contact us for possible volunteer opportunities